Friday, September 30, 2022

Tea Snacks Adventures for Fantasy Foret



For this last virtual event put on by RosΓ© Foret the Fantasy Foret I wanted to attempt to do my own tea service, at least partially. I've done some before with partially bought and partially home made treats but I really wanted to try a few new recipes this time! The ones I chose this time were:
Pumpkin Bread/Muffins


The problem I ran into last time making sandwiches for a virtual tea party is that we don't actually eat that much bread! So while I used about 4 slices of a loaf for the tea sandwiches it was really a challenge to eat the rest of it! I sort of ran into that same problem this time with leftover onion from the chicken salad and leftover cranberry sauce from the Brie Bites. That's why I ended up also doing the pumpkin muffins since the puffs only used a few tablespoons of the can of pumpkin! Thankfully you can kind of throw onion into anything later and I was able to freeze the cranberry sauce. Still trying to work out what I'm going to use it for later 😳


This particular weekend was really busy! Since the Fantasy Foret event was the same weekend as the Final Boss meet hosted by someone in our local comm that I wanted to be a bit extra for since I loved the theme! But that meant I had to prepare baking stuff and EVA foam armor all in the same weekend πŸ˜… I started Friday night in between bits of foam making I made the meatballs to freeze and cooked the chicken for the chicken salad for the next day. I did substitute ground turkey for the beef and sausage for the meatballs though as I'm trying to eat less red meat and they seemed to turn out as expected! 


Saturday I got up and started painting my half finished armor as well as a few more snacks tasks. Of course I forgot the fact that the scone mix I used called for heavy cream 😰 but the internet said I could use 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 milk and that should be a decent substitute!




I also cut up the chicken from the night before, celery and onion to make the chicken salad (I left out the raisins because I'm not really a fan of them in savory things). I also used Kewpie Mayo because I thought we would actually use that as a condiment later. 




I managed to finish these tasks and the armor and make my way to the meet-up on time! Yay! It was really fun and everyone showed out for the theme so well 😍 


Pretty early the next morning though it was time to get to work with the bulk of the making of stuff! I had put the frozen puff pastry sheets in the fridge the night before to thaw so I got started on the pumpkin roll things first to start in on that can of pumpkin. Next time I make these I'm probably going to go like 3/4 or 1/2 of all the spices they said to use? They were good but very spice-full tasting and I'd like for the pumpkin and cheese to come forward more to make more of a balanced taste. 




I'm also not a food blogger so please forgive very little progress pics of all these recipes! High stress making sure everything gets done on time means I forget to take pictures πŸ˜… Which is why I don't have any pictures of the pumpkin muffins progress but well they are pretty basic anyway! While the puffs were baking I made the batter for the muffins (and a small loaf cuse I only have one muffin tin and there was extra batter)


Next up was the meatballs to use up the second sheet of puff pastry from the box. I didn't do the mummy eyes but they were pretty tasty none the less! The wrapping wasn't too difficult.




Next up I baked half the crescent rolls into actual crescent rolls (as substitute for sliced bread for the chicken salad bypassing the need to buy a bunch of bread we don't need). While those were in the oven I attempted the brie bites! Unfortunately I didn't read closely enough and realized the recipe suggested a mini muffin tin which I do not own. I kinda tried to make it work with the big one. Unfortunately it didn't really work out that well and I wasn't too happy with the results. This was the least successful item out of my snack making adventure



In the end I was actually quite early so I was able to get dressed leisurely with no stress! My outfit for this event was pretty simple being a virtual meet. I ended up making two types of tea: cookie black tea and a sampler almond and 'ice wine' black tea (that somehow turned bright pink?) they were both tasty! I had some leftover Uncle Tetsu's rose and lychee cheesecake, a somewhat forgotten couple of raspberry truffles and an impulse bought seasonal bag of Oreos to finish out the tiers! (aka I focused so much on the savories I forgot I should maybe have something sweet for the top part πŸ˜…)



Altogether I would recommend the chicken salad recipe and the pumpkin puffs! The meatballs were pretty tasty but a lot of work for above average and I didn't like the brie bites at all so I own' be making those two recipes again.


What are some of your favorite non-sandwich tea savories recipes? Drop any recommendations in the comments! πŸ˜„ I think I want to try a spinach dip phyllo cup thing next time! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Review: Muir's Tea Room

I was able to finally make it to Muir's Tea Room! It's located in Sebastopol so it's quite a ways away from me and most of the r...