Friday, October 7, 2022

Holiday Gift Guide

With the Holidays coming up I thought I'd put together a small gift guide (though it hurts a little bit I'm posting this at the beginning of October but I know some of my suggestions will sell out before Halloween is over!) 

I'm always nervous about getting asked what I want for the holidays.  I feel like the people who ask me are people who want to hand me a physical gift for me to unwrap so gift cards are somewhat out (though places like Harajuku Hearts/Angelic Pretty and Lolita Collective do have gift cards available if gift cards are something you can ask for!) Recently I've been trying to not bring as many objects into the apartment and so usually I've just already thought about an item enough that I just bought it myself.  I have come up with a list of items may fit the bill for a physical gift if you are at a loss of what you might tell people you'd like or are looking for a gift for a lolita in your life! 
**disclaimer: None of the links in this post are sponsored! I just enjoy many of these products and brands myself**


Tea:
Easily consumable over time and usually there's a tea for everyone out there! You can also gift things like tea strainers (This or this are two options that are very easy to empty I've found). If you have a favorite tea shop in your area you can go with that but here are some of my favorites from online if you want to take a look:

Places like Lovejoy's Tea Room have tea, scone, and petite four delivery! If you don't want to get fully baked scones to gift immediately there are scone mixes (my favorite is Iveta) you can get to pair with the tea you gift so they can enjoy anytime!


Sweets:
Maybe obvious for the holidays but it's always a safe choice and you can get really fancy if you want when gifting sweets! I still really love the milk chocolate See's Candies and I never really get them outside the holidays or special occasions so it's definitely a treat. But you can also go with some treats from French Broad Chocolates or Sugarfina (which usually has some seasonal items that are not chocolate for the people who don't prefer chocolates!)


Candles:
For the holidays I will ask for very fancy candles from places like Diptyque, Jo Malone, or Glasshouse- places that I wouldn't normally want to spend the price for the candle but would love to receive one. You can also get cute themed candles depending on the person you are gifting for and don't mind shopping online. Some of my favorites are:
Briarwick Candles (for book lovers)
Cantrip Candles (for TTRPG lovers)


Board games and Puzzles:
This one might not be for everyone but a lot of lolitas are at least nerdy adjacent and might enjoy a cozy night in with a game or puzzle. I definitely have a list of games I'd like to purchase but haven't got around to yet that I will give a few titles out to people who ask! There are lots of cute small games that even someone who isn't super into board games can enjoy! Some of the ones I suggest if you don't already have them: 
Go Nuts for Doughnuts
Gloom
Strawberry Sunset
Tea Dragon Society
Love Letter

I've also rediscovered an enjoyment of puzzles! It's a fun way to connect with a partner or just feel a sense of accomplishment. There are tons of different pictures out there (including Kirby, Animal Crossing, and many others) or even Magic Puzzles which give a twist to the more traditional puzzle experience!


Advent calendars:
These are something that I've gotten into in the last few years that is pretty holiday specific- and they don't have to be chocolate only! There are lots of ones that have different types of consumables inside. I am especially fond of the Bonne Maman calendar which looks cute on the table as well as being delicious! You have to be quick if you want to gift one because they sell out rather quickly! But I've also gotten a caramel advent calendar, Sugarfina does one, and there are also Tea or Coffee ones! Something fun to do with a long distance friend or family member is get two: one to gift to the other person and one to keep for yourself, you can chat about which new item was your favorite that week!


I hope any of these suggestions were fun or useful for any upcoming gift giving you'd like to do in the near future!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Review: Muir's Tea Room

I was able to finally make it to Muir's Tea Room! It's located in Sebastopol so it's quite a ways away from me and most of the r...