Friday, January 19, 2024

Bibliotheca: Wishlists and Dream Dresses!




This January Bibliotheca theme is wishlists and dream dresses. I'm going to combine them a bit here and talk about my current wishlist and all of my dream dresses over the years (some of which I own now and a few that have yet to be acquired!)




Current Wishlist:

Specific items:
  • Angelic Pretty Marchen Ribbon JSK in black (any cut)
  • Angelic Pretty Lovely Girl Skirt in black
  • Angelic Pretty Triple Tiered Frill Princess JSK in "grey x pink"
  • Angelic Pretty Fancy Candy JSK in black (to then sell the OP)
  • BtSSB Unico in Bloomland headbow in navy
  • BtSSB navy classic Heart bag
Current identified holes in my wardrobe I'd like to fill (non specific items):
  • Silver blouse
  • Red shoes 
  • Black x White old school style JSK (preferably under~$150)
  • Long black lolita coat with decent sized pockets and hood (preference to coats with a bit of faux fur and ears of some sort but at this point I'm willing to settle if it has both pockets large enough for my phone and a hood)
  • Pink choker
  • Black x Pink macaroon necklace (brand possibilities: BB&B, Q-pot, etc.)
  • Caplet (black, maybe pink)

Dream Dresses:
What is a dream dress? I tend to think of dream dresses as a little more serious and elusive. A dream dress to me is one that is a combination of a few of these: fits your style perfectly, took years to find as it sat languishing in your wishlist, and/or rarely if ever pops up for resale, and/or ended up being way too expensive for you that one time it did pop up, and/or you're still searching. Over the last 15+ years I've slowly collected most of my shortlist of dream dresses!

Dream Dresses I own:

Fantasic Dolly OP: in Lavender I managed to get this dress on auction from Japan and it included the headbow and socks! The set was at the time one of the most expensive sets I'd purchased. Having found a full time job I felt like I could finally justify it and I still love it as one of my few OPs! Also this is the one dress I actually tracked down the postman on the street when he tried to leave a package slip instead of the package, I must have looked so frantic, the poor man 😅






Cat's Tea Party: For a long time I regretted not getting this dress in the grey colorway when it released. It was Made To Order in 2012 and I was just getting into grey colorways. I was also in grad school at the time with little money so just couldn't justify buying a new dress. Unfortunately after it finally made it to the purchasers and a few started selling second hand it started going for literal $1000's as so few were made. I thought it was only a pipe dream to ever get it but then AP did a new round of MTO in 2019!  I pounced on the second MTO along with many others to get it 7 years later. 




Starry Sky of Mother Goose JSK II: I bought the skirt of this print really early on in my lolita career in 2008/09 (and took another few years to find the headbow for sale as a set with a skirt which I bought then sold the second skirt...yeah I was one of those crazy people) but really wanted this specific JSK version. Hardly anyone sold it online and when they did the navy, light blue and pink colorway were the most expensive, well over retail! At first I couldn't justify spending over retail for a dress I already had another cut of and then slowly people stopped selling it altogether! I thought about buying the less popular black colorway which would still mostly fit my wardrobe but I didn't really vibe with the brown in the print. I did manage to snag the other JSK cut for relatively cheap but this cut still eluded me until Baby re-released it in 2018- 10 years after it originally came out! I immediately bought it new from the store as it had now been years since I had seen it for sale secondhand. 




Candy Chan on a Walk: I began really getting into grey with pink especially after Cats Tea Party eluded me. This print shot straight to the top of my wish list and an older screen print from 2007 took several years to find and acquire. I would have been happy with the skirt or jsk but skirts tend to be more accessible in some ways as they get sold more often and for a lower price tag than full dresses. For a long time this is how I would get prints I really wanted but couldn't quite find/afford the JSK. That's what happened with Candy-chan! I also happily found the headbow several years later on auction still new w/tags on Mercari Japan! I was amazed because the print was over 10 years old at that point. 


Dream Dresses I'm still searching for:


Triple Tiered Frill Princess JSK: This is my ultimate elusive dress. I've actually tried to buy this dress twice! The first time was a scammer who had used someone elses' floordinate to post the dress as their own. I had to file a PP dispute for the first time since using egl_comm_sales. I got my money back but I really would have rather had the dress 😢  The second time was many years later on Y!Japan Auctions. I put in a bid with my SS but it was still not enough as I was outbid and didn't realize it until the auction ended! I did end up buying a similar dress in the same cut with different fabric just because I wanted this dress so badly. Unfortunately, though it was grey and black, it just didn't hit the same and I ended up selling that one as it just made me feel disappointed when I wore it. I'm still looking for this dress and at this point will pay quite a bit! Third times the charm?





Lovely Girl Pleated Skirt: I have an irrational love of the mini skirts that brands put out, I have quite a few and wear them regularly as casual wear. For a while both this skirt and the Melty Chocolate pleated mini skirt were on this list. Both I hardly see sold, and when melty chocolate was sold it went for hundreds over retail and I'm just not willing to spend that much on a 'lolita brand' mini skirt. I can see why these aren't for sale much as they were more casual they are easier to wear than a full lolita coord. Unfortunately I've never seen this skirt for sale in this colorway and I'm afraid if I do see it now it will be way above a price point I'm willing to spend even on a dream item!



I'm looking forward to seeing everyone elses' dream items that they've either collected over the years or are still searching for! Maybe we can all keep a look out for each others dream items 💖


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Review: Muir's Tea Room

I was able to finally make it to Muir's Tea Room! It's located in Sebastopol so it's quite a ways away from me and most of the r...