Saturday, January 27, 2024

low-buy update 1 year later

Last year I made a goal to wear the things I have and try to only focus on wishlist items and I mostly succeeded! But did I keep up with a low buy in 2023? Not really unfortunately. I bought quite a few things. I did try to keep it to basics I felt were missing in my wardrobe, things that had been on my wishlist for a while that I got second hand, or purchases from indie brands. I still feel pretty good about my level of purchasing lolita items this year, I think I ended up going a little more to make up for not buying as much last year. I do track my clothing spending (all clothing spending) on a spread sheet because I want to see where my money on clothes is going and what I'm buying at what prices.



The things I did buy:

Sheep Puff shoes



Girl Nelly Black JSK



Angelic Pretty Wonder Story JSK






Angelic Pretty Dot Ribbon Lace tights


Angelic Pretty Lace Up Ribbon socks
These replaced the tights I had and wore a lot that ended up catching on something and getting a large hole 😭 I hope that these will be easier to keep intact!

Jane Marple Jane's Bookcase skirt (more for work but I think it also counts in lolita spending!) 



Angelic Pretty French Cafe JSK



Angelic Pretty French Cafe socks



Angelic Pretty Dolly Ribbon Pass Case (I had lost my previous Enchantlic Enchantilly one but it was returned to me by a kind Caltrain conductor! So this will be the backup for when I inevitably lose my pass case again...) 





Angelic Pretty Omekashi Doll Jacket and Skirt set




Ursa Major Haul: Majo no Recipe (teapot and earrings), Icegray (ring), Atelier Tempest (macaron necklace) 


Alice and the Pirates Melty Princess Headband

I feel really happy with my wardrobe at the moment even though I couldn't quite stick to a low buy this year. So far I've been able to attend all themed events the last few years only using what I have or buying one or two accessories and still feel like I fit in and on theme. This year for Halloween all I bought were some 3D printed horns and a pearl belt to complete my costume! 

I think that focusing on a goal that's lolita adjacent in my free time has made it so I'm looking forward to the next step for the goal instead of chasing the next new release! 

Unfortunately at this time I'm not able to completely commit to my original plan: Eat All The Cupcakes! (and rate them) due to my potentially unstable future job situation. While I am still employed, myself and all of my coworkers definitely have an end date sooner rather than later. I am actively searching for a job but until I get one I will also have to save as much as possible in the coming months just in case. This means I'm back on a strict low buy if not no-buy until that next job happens! This year I will be focusing on doing more reading (utilizing the library for free books!) and completing embroidery projects using fabric and floss I already have or inexpensive project specific floss buys as much as possible. 

I look forward to continuing this series of reasons to dress up, eat cute things, and rate them here when I am able 💖


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Review: Muir's Tea Room

I was able to finally make it to Muir's Tea Room! It's located in Sebastopol so it's quite a ways away from me and most of the r...