Sunday, September 24, 2023

Tea Review: Sip Tea Room

I was able to make my way to Sip Tea Room for the next review in this series! Overall it was a lovely friendly experience but y'all know the drill by now so on to the details of the categories 💖



The reservation process was really easy here. It was all online and I pre-paid (including tip) so it was kind of nice day of to go in and not have to deal with the bill though a little weird. Unfortunately this tea room is located near Golden Gate Park which is far from both BART and Caltrain with very little parking other than if you get lucky with street parking (which is scary if you find it on the main busy road!). Probably most ideal for people who are already in SF. They do not serve vegan items at this time but vegetarian and gluten free can be accommodated with prior notice.  

Ease of access (location, hours, ease of making reservation, dietary menu options): 6.5/10




The atmosphere was somehow cleanly cluttered. There were a good amount of decorations to give the place some personality but wasn't overwhelmingly decorated. The place settings and table décor were simple but still cute and the staff was very friendly and answered all our questions. They do also have a outdoor garden space that is cute as well.
Atmosphere (décor, place settings, staff): 10/10





The price was $49 per person and we left feeling full but not overly stuffed. There were 3 rectangles of sandwiches of each flavor for 2 people which I thought a bit odd. I'd have preferred 4 rectangles so that each person can have 2 of each. There were 2 sausage rolls per person though in the beginning and those were filling so it sort of evened out.
Price (value for money): 7.5/10





The tea selection was not particularly extensive but not overwhelming. They didn't have a lot of teas I was interested in with my somewhat limited palette but the mango black tea I did get was nice. I think if you like more plain teas of various types you would have a harder time choosing!
Tea: 7/10



The scones (Which I of course forgot to take an individual picture of) were super good! Tall so they were easy to split, not too dry but flakey/fluffy there was a good amount of cream and jam and lemon curd. I understand why they had frozen ones for sale and I was sorely tempted to get some for home!
Scones (and/or crumpets): 10/10



Savories included 2 sausage rolls per person and 4 sandwich flavors in a pre-fix menu style (brie and marmalade, blue goat cheese and fig jam, egg salad, and curry chicken salad). It was a little disappointing not to be able to choose the sandwiches as there was one I definitely wouldn't have chosen for myself but it was still ok tasty. As stated above though it was kinda weird not to have 3 and not 4 sandwiches of each flavor for 2 people. There was also a bit of salad which was fine but I'm pretty neutral on salad.
Savories: 7.5/10



The sweets included a chocolate cake, butter pecan bar, a lavender shortbread cookie and some fruit. The chocolate cake was really good, not too sweet but good chocolate flavor. The Pecan bar was really sweet and was a bit too pecan-y for me but still exactly what it said on the tin. The cookie was intensely lavender but with a good texture. The fruits included several types of berries including one that was new to me 'gulden berry' which I did not like at all.
Sweets: 6.5/10

Overall this was a great experience for tea! Not my favorite out of the places I've been but I'd definitely go again. I'd also stop by if I'm in the area to get some frozen scones as they were the best scones so far! It's pretty small so I'd recommend it for people already in SF and smallish groups. 
Total average rating: 7.8/10


Shoes: Queen Bee
Pin: Milk Ribbon
Everything else: BtSSB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Review: Muir's Tea Room

I was able to finally make it to Muir's Tea Room! It's located in Sebastopol so it's quite a ways away from me and most of the r...