Sunday, April 30, 2023

Tea Review: Lisa's Tea Treasures

 I was able to arrange some friends to go with me to Lisa's Tea Treasures Los Altos location! 




I was able to call and make a reservation super easily even when we had # of party members change. It is not accessible really by public transit (neither location of Lisa's is really) but there's plenty of parking around downtown. They had a vegan specific tea, gluten free tea, and almond milk available for your tea as dietary options. 
Ease of access (location, hours, ease of making reservation, dietary menu options): 7/10



The decor is really cute inside, not too cluttered but pastel with some tea sets and cute paintings. The place settings were cute and floral and all matched at our table. The individual teas came out on a cutely arranged plate instead of a tower. Two people at the table did get the High Tea for Two and that did come out in a tower! Staff was very friendly but seemed a bit overwhelmed like they didn't quite have enough staff available for the number of tables.  
Atmosphere (décor, place settings, staff): 8/10




Price for this tea was $42.95 for the My Lady's Respite (High Tea for Two $87.95). I left feeling full but not stuffed
Price (value for money): 6.5/10





There was a lot of choice with the teas but not an overwhelming amount. Some of the teas were definitely table favorites over others. The blackcurrant and raspberry champagne were really good, the strawberry Darjeeling was good Darjeeling but not really fruity. In the middle was peach floral and rose black tea good but not my favorites as I'm more drawn to fruit teas!
Tea: 8/10




I wasn't a huge fan of these scones, the flavor was ok but they were quite crumbly and a bit dry. Each person got an individual serving of clotted cream and jam though which was nice so we didn't have to keep passing around a small dish of each! 
Scones (and/or crumpets): 6/10



The savories for the My Lady's Respite were 4 tea sandwiches and a fig and mascarpone pillow? thing? They were tasty and pretty well balanced with the amount of sweets! (High Tea for Two also included 2 flavors of mini quiche) I feel like I wanted one more savory item to really give this tea more oomph.
Savories: 8/10



The sweets on offer differed for each person, I got a mini éclair and petit fore with some fruits (plus the cookies from the beginning of the tea served with lemon curd), several others at the table got various flavors of macaroons or lemon bars. I feel like I wished there could be one more small dessert for each person but overall cute and tasty!
Sweets: 7/10


Total average rating: 7.2/10


While this I still think is not going to be my favorite tea place this was a well balanced tea service with tasty teas and cute atmosphere!


Shoes: Sheep Puff
Pin: Milk Ribbon
Everything else: Angelic Pretty


Bonus the Tea for Two tower!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Review: Muir's Tea Room

I was able to finally make it to Muir's Tea Room! It's located in Sebastopol so it's quite a ways away from me and most of the r...