Monday, December 4, 2023

Tea Review: The Tea Terrace

My spouse and I ended up on a quick weekend trip to Vegas! The last time I was here was by myself for a library conference in the middle of summer and it was definitely an overwhelming experience. I don't really know if I enjoy Vegas or not it has a lot of unique flair but very overwhelming to the senses on the strip. The tea place I was able to get reservations for was a bit off the strip though trying for a slightly more sedate experience. 



The reservation was really easy online and the weekend hours worked well with our flight back home same day. Unfortunately this place is quite a but off the strip and we didn't have a rental car so it was kind of a trial to get there. 
Ease of access (location, hours, ease of making reservation, dietary menu options): 6.5/10




The décor was cutely cluttered typical tea house decorations with a little extra holiday flair for December. The cloth napkins were in these cute rose napkin rings in the teacup which was a unique touch. The staff were unobtrusive and were able to refill our water at least once each.
Atmosphere (décor, place settings, staff): 8.5/10




We went with the $45 per person Queen's Tea which was the typical type of afternoon tea offerings. There was I think a good balance of savories and sweets and we left pretty full but overall somewhat underwhelming for the price. 
Price (value for money): 6/10




The tea menu had a good amount of options including some special holiday blends which we got one of! The holiday spice black tea was good but I was less of a fan of the almond black tea we got. 
Tea: 8/10




The scones were a little dry here but there was a generous amount of clotted cream and jam and these cute little spread utensils! 
Scones (and/or crumpets): 6.5/10





Unfortunately the savories weren't my favorite the sandwichs were alternately dry and a bit too wet? My favorite thing was the tuna salad with Pomegranate on the cracker. 
Savories: 4/10





The sweets were a definitely the favorite of the tea foods for me. The mini carrot cake was really tasty and the banana pudding cup thing was unique but the red velvet cake cup was quite dry. 
Sweets: 6.5/10

Total average rating: 6.5/10

Overall I'm glad I tried this place but I probably wouldn't recommend it for visitors to Vegas as it was very much off the strip and requires a ride share ride of rental car to get to and I would say it isn't really worth the expense.


My outfit: (due to not checking bags for this short trip I had to forgo the petticoat!) 

Cutsew: Kate Spade
Cardigan, headbow: BtSSB 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Review: Muir's Tea Room

I was able to finally make it to Muir's Tea Room! It's located in Sebastopol so it's quite a ways away from me and most of the r...